Sunday, April 15, 2007

Catherine And Nigel's Wedding

Last night I went to my 2nd cousin Catherine's wedding (She is Chi Hong's eldest daughter). I missed out on the church ceremony because I had to work, but Tho said that it was beautiful. Loc however got lost on the way and never made it!

Catherine married Nigel who is an Indian. Random, hey?? But they were so in love that there was no doubt that were meant to be together. The reception was in Bankstown and the place looked gorgeous! The food was also delicious. But obviously the dessert was the best. They had sugared almonds as their bonboniere and small chocolate scented candles for all the ladies.


The band was really good, they played old, romantic slow songs, which was very fitting. They also had entertainment between the entree and the main. It was a performance with girls dancing hawaiian and polynesian. I always wonder how they can shake their hips like that! Then there were men who pulled guys from tables to teach them how to do the Hakka. It was very amusing to see them do a war dance so badly!! There was a guy that also did a fire dance with two poles and both ends on fire!
It was nice catching up with Tho and Fay again. We don't see each other too often. Loc however i see once in a while. When he's bored he calls me up and we got to dinner. From the photos you can see, that all though it's been a while since we've seen each other, we still haven't grown up!


In other news, I have found someone that would like to see 30 Seconds To Mars with me and it's someone most unlikely! Fay! So we agreed that if no one else wanted to see them, we'd go together! So it looks like I won't be enjoying the music alone!! Yay!!
Anyways all in all it was a fun night and the most interesting wedding I've attended so far!

5 comments:

Alexandra Frankel said...

Sorry I missed a great bash! Love the dress. Loc looks totally drunk in that last picture. I didn't know we had second cousins from Chi Hong???

I'd go to the concert with you if I was there. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Yes, the dress looks awfully familiar but I must say it looks better on Nat then it looked on me!

Natallie Pham said...

OMG!!! I wondered who that dress belonged too. I'm SO sorry!! Will return it next time I see you!

Anonymous said...

You write very well.

Wenni Donna said...

Catherine and Nigel's Wedding looks very pretty. The dress is really cute. We have also got engaged recently and the engagement day was really awesome and now we would be marrying soon at one of the NYC wedding venues. The date it not fixed yet but we are going to decide on that soon.